Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Liberal Utopia

While I am off on vacation in my own little version of Canadian utopia, I am busy setting up real one of my own. This utopia is a place where Liberals can come and go with freedom, where we can build up our careers and follow Canadian politics from a safe distance, all in the heart of our neighbour's capital.

I am thrilled that more and more fellow Canadian political refugees are following my exodus down to the capital of the free world. This new place, this new land, offers the chance for Liberals, young and old, to reconvene after last elections losses. A place where we can lick our wounds and reflect, where we can debate, learn and discuss with our liberal democratic cousins. A place where we can build our strengh, sharpen our comms skills (see posting on Ned Lamont)and gear up, well rested with sharpened wits, ready to take on the Conservative machine (or jalopy - as time will tell).

I am already looking forward to the next election campaign. Whatever, the Tories want it to be about: softwood, dismantling our healthcare system, denying a woman's right to choose, I say: BRING IT ON! This new Canadian political animal in exile is ready!

(That being said, I am going back to my curling up by the fire - what's up with extreme weather? - with none other than JC's classic: Straight from the Heart).

N.B. As I mentioned last week - postings will continue to be sporadic until return after Labour Day to full internet connection (v hard to post from the woods with retro dial-up and all)!

In the interim, I give you DC's latest Canadian political refugee:Prairie Fire. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home