Friday, July 21, 2006

The Error of My Ways

A friend (a Canadian who just returned home after 2 years in the US of A) recently commented on the glaring hypocrisy of two of my postings. In the first, I go “on and on” about the necessity of more women in politics. And then, in my very next post on American candidates for leaders of the Liberal party, I do not have a gender balanced poll ballot.

My friend suggested a number of strong potential American female candidates: included Oprah Winfrey, who (according to my friend: “if I spent a little bit more time in the States, I’d realize that Americans considered her to be a serious contender”.)

To rectify the error of my ways, I am now accepting nominations for other American female candidates as leaders for the Liberal party. Please let me know and I’ll reformulate a new and improved, gender balanced poll.

FYI - results, so far, of previous sexist poll: (12 votes and counting, well 10 actually cause I voted twice from two different computers) is former US President Bill Clinton leading with 57% of the vote.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home