Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh, So I am IN! ... Or am I?

Not a moment too soon after arriving back in my home and native land (or make that nation), I am greeted with the news that seems to rectify all of my identity crisis issues. It seems that, according to my Premier, Jean Charest, I am, after all, a member of a nation that might not have wanted me as a member.

I can now thump my chest with pride, stand up straight, and wake up in the morning, knowing that after over 4 generations of my family in this province and complete bilingualism, I too am finally part of the Quebecois nation...

....or maybe not... It also seems that the federal Conservative government, the gospel according to Cannon (who, I think has 100 years of family lineage in Quebec, over me, nah nah nah) doesn't think that I am "in" the nation...hmmm... Then, didn't Senator LeBreton say something?

...hmmmm, looks like I am back to my precarious state of identity crisis once again.

Listen, I was hoping to get this whole thing sorted before I have to leave on Sunday. I was looking forward to testing out my two simultaneous identities (or not) before returning to the States and continue my listless identity as someone from that strange country north that Americans (unfortunately) rarely consider...

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure - does that make you a Quebecer or quebecoise?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home