Monday, July 24, 2006

Spinning all night long

Ohhh – so NOW I understand. According to Canada’s very own relentless pursuer of the truth, Jane Taber, PMO staffers were too busy hanging at Buddha Bar to deal with an international national crisis and saving Canadians overseas.

Hey, if I had just paid 30 euros for two spring rolls, I’d want to make the most of my night and come down from the all the G8 fandango while listening to DJs spin the next Buddha Bar album, rather than say, extricating vulnerable Canadians in the middle of an escalating war.

Seriously though, I think that sometimes we give political staffers a hard time. If you need a few hours to chill and take your mind off of things, then all the power to you. I bet you anything that the Harper “rescue mission” was drawn up on the back of a heavy cloth Buddha Bar napkin.

The only reason that I’m writing about this and complaining that Tory PMO staffers should have been working during a national crisis instead of gallivanting about in Paris is that this is exactly the kind of thing that the Conservatives would pounce on if Liberal were caught with there hands in Buddha Bar cookie jar.

I just hope that they weren’t paying for those exorbitantly priced (and mediocre tasting) spring rolls on my tax dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home