Thursday, September 21, 2006

Getting My Groove Back

First, I want to apologize for my lack of posting. When I started blogging, I made a pledge that I would be focused and disciplined. Like the some of the blogging greats, I wanted to post everyday. Unfortunately, I’ve been lacking discipline. Craziness at work, craziness in my personal life, alas, just overall difficulty in getting my blogging groove back. It’s funny cause, blogging, just like practicing the piano, if you don’t play every day, you can get rusty pretty quickly. I have even more respect now for those bloggers that are able to post daily.

All that to say, that I will try my utmost to regain my blogging composure. It might be a little tricky cause I’m scheduled to do quite a bit of work related international travel, but I will do my best…

So brief update on what’s going on here South of the border: there’s been a lot of news lately on the effectiveness of foreign aid. See NY Review of Books for an interesting and thought-provoking, though perhaps slightly over-simplistic review of William Easterly’s new book on international development, compared to some of the classics: Jeffrey Sachs and others…(NY Books also has a stellar article by Timothy Garton Ash on Islam in Europe.)

As for Canadian politics… let’s just say that so far, Steve’s speech has received zero press here – while Chavez’s exorcism at the UN podium and Iran’s Mahmoud Ahmadinejad new found love for all people - is getting a lot of copy.

4 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Prairie Fire said...

But then again, if PM Stevie was horriably insane or trying to acquire nucular weapons (or better yet, a little bit of both) then I am sure his speeches would also be front page news here. Alas he is horriably sane and nucular free.

Welcome back.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger JJ said...

hmmm yes - horribly sane and nuclear free for now... just wait until he starts playing with BMD shield....it can be a slippery slope...



(thank you comment fairie! it's good to be back!)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger pumpernickel said...

Strange, here in the Great White North Steve is getting rave reviews of his bold and visionary speech...

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Prairie Fire said...

Ummm...has the groove left you again???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home