Monday, October 23, 2006

Under By-election Pressure

This isn't a full post... sort of an interim one - I promised the next one would be in response to Prog Bloggers Moderator Scott Tribe... however, am snowed under with work but still wanted to put this thought out there (and kudos to Prairie Fire for inspiring this post):

Harper's brilliant timing re: those two by-elections in Liberal London - North and Repentigny Nov. 27th right smack dab before the Leadership convention.... and I wonder how Rae and Kennedy are going to deflect the pressure of running for an actual seat? Hmmm, interesting...

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Oxford County Liberals said...

Rae and Kennedy might I suspect say that Harper's playing politics.

And I see tonight Rae has ruled out running in it.. so thats 1/2 of my assumption correct.

Personally.. I'd just as well see them not run anyone and allow Eleizabeth May to try and win the seat.. tho I know that "leader courtesy" of allowing them to run without major opposition is long gone.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger pumpernickel said...

Harper's move was crass and transparent. The type of trap I'd expect a rookie to fall into.

Looks like neith Kennedy nor Rae will take the bait and the Party may be well-represented by national President and London native Mike Eizenga who may be seeking the nomination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home