Monday, December 04, 2006

Convention Photo Diary

Still at a bit of a loss for words to describe the convention, so please find below a chronological photo account of the convention...

... one of the fun parts of the week - I was "outed" to Paul Wells at the Iggy hospitality suite on Thursday night. That night, Wells' predicted a Micheal victory and a Dion loss. He said that he just didn't feel it "coming together for us"... hee hee hee... The Saturday morning after the 1st ballot and the two votes ahead in 3rd place - ran into him again and ask him if he wanted to revise his prediction... he hemmed and hawed... Again, Sat night at the victory party - Wells reversed his prediction and claimed it was predicated on him not wanting to jinx the race - well said...told him I'd blog it...

... another highlight - communing with my fellow bloggers at the Bloggers Only room (was graciously let in by Tribe). Nice to put names to faces. (However, started to feel v lame when people started to talk about hits on their blogs per day. I am thrilled when I get 30!)

Now without, further ado, the pics:



Dion enters the hospitality suite Thursday night at the Place d'Armes Hotel - Now known as Place Dion :-)



Friday scene - Dion Liberal Red



Dryden delivers the best speech of his campaign. Just goes to show that hockey players know how to rally. They can be losing 3 -0 in the last 3 minutes of the 3rd period and they play their hearts out. What a man!



The tide sways Dion Liberal green

And again for the final ballot - tous ensemble!

And finally Calgary Grit has a hilarious - Top 10 signs you were at the Lib leadership convention this weekend.

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, before anyone else asks or wonders what that was all about, I will take credit.. er... blame.. for "outing" you to Wells. That was all started by my telling him I never thought he was a jerk in the first place over the whole book thing where he commented here and then asked you to tell me he wasnt really a jerk (which I already knew). that started a fascinating 10 min convo.. where I then mentioned that if he wanted to meet the nice young woman who ran the site, I noticed her standing right behind me and asked if he wanted to meet you.... which he said he'd love to. The rest is history.

As for the blog-room, it was a pleasure to have you in visiting with us.

Excellent pictures too.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Godammitkitty said...

Hi JJ,
For the record, I am also over-the-moon when I get >20 hits/day. We can't all be elfin-rockstars :)
Thanks for the pictures--Cheers! GDK/H&O

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Cherniak will be wearing that "elfin" comment for a while.. I still prefer the "combination of budding authority and deep geek" part of the story better however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home