Sunday, October 29, 2006

Slamming Canada

I know this has come up in the Canadian blogsphere - it came up last night (as a bunch of us homesick Canadians watched the heartbreaking defeat of the Habs by the Leafs).

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Steve was a Republican favorite...seems like he's not doing such a good job after all of bonding with our American friends and neighbours if the GOP are swiping at us during their political ad campaign....

UPDATE - My bad, it seems like our very own father of the GST and man in Washington flexed his Canadian diplomatic muscle and got the ad pulled... hmmm I just wish that we could use all that diplomatic might to say, I don't know, negociate a better softwood lumber deal....

UPDATE UPDATE - Turns out the BBC also has their take on this humdinger of an ad... interestingly though, they make no mention of Canada's diplomatic prowess involved in the ad's removal... I wonder which spin is the correct one?

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Oxford County Liberals said...

Its rather sad if the reason the ad got pulled was because we complained and not because it was a sleazy ad with racist undertones aimed at the Democratic candidate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home