Monday, January 08, 2007

Khan You Do the Khan-Khan?

I know that Wajid Khan's defection to the Conservatives has already been blogged/columned to death... but I just wanted to add my two cents for whatever they are worth... mainly because I actually worked with Wajid when he was on the same Commons committee as my former boss.

And to tell you the truth, he was an extremely accommodating, easy going, kind, relaxed, partisan Liberal (but in a good-not-too-annoying way), nice-to-work-with-kind of guy.

So, when he declared in favour of Volpe for Lib leader – you could have knocked me over with a feather. In my mind, that was the real shocker…

…His latest cavorting with floor crossing actually seems less surprising in comparison… I don’t know, maybe the dude’s just a social conservative at heart… I actually think that’s the extent of the motivation behind his actions.

I mean, he’s essentially toast next election – he didn’t get anything out of it from a monetary/cabinet positiony type thing (as far as I know)… maybe he just get’s some deep rooted pleasure scratching Harpie’s back… I dunno…

...so yes, that’s the extent of my analysis: nice guy – with previously latent (but now overt) social conservative tendencies at heart.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To speculate that ANYONE is a Socon at heart is enough to send me into slight depression.

Does that mean we should feel sorry for Wajid instead of outraged?

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Hey Dylan, sorry about that - didn't mean to send you into slight depression... I guess more of what I was trying to convey - is that well, shit happens, people switch parties - and Khan move more than say, Emerson's, seems to be motivated by personal sentiment than political opportunism...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home