Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Travelling Without Moving

Oh Air Canada,

My home and native airline.

True patriot love is the only thing that will keep me flying you again...

Do I sound delirious? Chalk it up to 4 days of travel, 3 cancelled flights, 4 reroutings, three unscheduled over night stops, three different countries, and arriving in Vietnam 2 days late.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that technical difficulties, weather, whathaveyou, happen - but I have a hard time when the people that I am interacting with don't seem to know how to deal with the issues/challenges/obstacles presented... which happened to me consistently over the 12 hours (total - I kid you not) that I spent dealing with Air Canada reps... (issues ranging from flying me out from cities that I wasn't currently in... i.e. "we have a great flight for you leaving from NYC..." - to which I responded "wonderful... but, uh, I am currently in DC - so how are you going to get me there?" AC rep response.. "uh, I don't know... but can you get there in four hours?")

Anyway - totally delirious - walked straight into a meeting - am about to collapse - but just wanted to say hi, thank the little sis - for doing such a phenomenal job in the blog up keep - and also a shout of thanks to those who mentioned this blog in some their response to Warren Kinsella's Blogging Man List... hee hee (okay delirium and jet lag have finally over run the system)...

6 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Oxford County Liberals said...

Glad to see you finally made it over there JJ.

Your blog appears to be in good hands - the little technical issue you folks were having with Blogger was solved by your sister without so much as a peep from me.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait! You're not piccola JJ. I was really enjoying her style and you can imagine my disappointment when I tuned in to get your poetic, yet somehow not quite picolla update. Glad you are doing well...

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Oxford County Liberals said...

Wow.

Talk about a dig at the blog-owner... no wonder you signed on as anonymous.

Both JJ and piccola-JJ write very well. I've enjoyed (and enjoy) reading JJ's thoughts, and I've liked reading piccola-JJ's as well.

Different styles but both good reads.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Piccola- JJ said...

Hah! Thanks Anon. I know, I would soooooo never write like that! ;)

Seriously, though, I actually really liked JJ's post and was impressed by her turnaround time. She'd only made it to Vietnam about 3 hrs before that went up.

Is it confusing for both of us to be posting at the same time? Should I do something (in my title, maybe) to indicate it's me writing and not JJ?

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.. it always says "Posted By xxx at [time of day]" ... but perhaps that's not getting noticed.

If you think its necessary, what I might do is have the first line of your entry (not the title.. the actual entry) say something like

Blogposting by Guest Blogger Piccola-JJ

...and then start the main body of your entry 1 line below that, sorta like what some newspapers do to indicate who the editorialist or reporter is who filed the story/report/opinion.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger JJ said...

ouch, anon!

sorry, i didn't mean to interrupt piccola's blogging flow... (though I did mention that I will try to post depending on available time)...

As for who posts what - well, at the bottom of each post it says: posted by and then identifies either piccola or jj :-) if that doesn't suffice - let me know and we can try a different way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home