Friday, February 09, 2007

I'm Soooo Not A 'Blogger'

Piccola-JJ
Toronto, Canada

I like my status as ‘guest-blogger’ on my sister’s blog. It’s kind of fun being at the helm of something that’s just out there, read by many people I don’t even know. However, these 2 weeks have confirmed for me that blogging just is not my calling. It’s simply not in my nature to maintain a running commentary on things. As I said in my first post, I tend to be fairly quiet. Now, a few people have interpreted quiet to represent some kind of lack of confidence and I’ve received some kind works of commiseration and of encouragement. Let me assure you, I’m very secure in my ability to form and articulate insightful ideas. To prove it, I’ll go so far as to say that I think I’m an even better writer than my sister (well, sometimes). But sending my personal opinions into some void of the blog-sphere isn’t an enticing idea for me.

Don’t get me wrong- I really value the blogging community and believe in its power to democratize ideas and provide an insightful alternative to the mainstream media. I enjoy reading the cacophony of comments that continuously appear throughout the day (and night). Perhaps this is what prevents me from making my own contribution- there’s just so much out there, all the time, on just about everything. Is this intellectually selfish of me- that’s I want to absorb the ideas out there without adding my own?

In any case, my sister is due back soon. In the mean time, I’ll happily (and hopefully), maintain this blog with a few more post, although I’m not sure what they’ll contain- possibly just a few more picture and links and, should the urge strikes, an extended analytic monologue….

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Oxford County Liberals said...

Well, I respectfully disagree that you couldn't do your own blog - your writing on here proves you have the touch. But, I also respect if you dont feel comfortable doing it, though I will say there's no blog rule you need to post every day,:)

Look forward to seeing your remaining few posts before your sister returns to take back the reins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home